Radiochemical dating

The town is located at the junction of the A355 road from Slough and Beaconsfield, the A404 road that links Maidenhead, High Wycombe and Harrow, the A416 road from Chesham and Berkhamsted and the A413 road, which runs from Aylesbury to Uxbridge.

The valley floor is at around 100m OD, while the valley top is at around 165m OD.After this date the growth of the new area of the town gradually accelerated, with much work being done by the architect John Kennard.It is now known locally as "Amersham-on-the-Hill", "Amersham town" or the "New Town". In 1931, the architect Amyas Connell completed the Grade II-listed art deco house, "High & Over" in Amersham.During the 17th century and 18th century a key industry in the town was brewing.After a number of changes of hands during this time William Weller of High Wycombe purchased the brewery in 1775.

Leave a Reply